Meet The Team
"Anthony's Catering Services adds a flare of elegance to this venue. Wonderful facility, excellent wait staff and the food dances on your palette." - Valrita, Event Attendee
Anthony Foster, owner of Anthony's Caterer's, established 1993, is a seasoned chef and restaurateur with over 30 years of experience in the restaurant and banquet industry. Anthony's works very hard to understand the vision of each our of clients and to satisfy each attendee's appetite and overall experience. His time tested traditional Italian recipes continues to win over guests over the course of many generations.
Giovanni La Rosa
"My wife and I knew as soon as we walked in and saw the venue, and spoke with Giovanni, that this was the place for our wedding." -Chris, Groom
Co-Owner + General Manager:
Giovanni La Rosa is a producer with over 25 years of experience in concert, theater, film, and live event production. Having consumed countless trays of Anthony's eggplant parm since he was sixteen years old no other person was better suited to join Anthony's team. As the man behind the curtain, Giovanni's extensive event production experience makes him the ideal person to lead a diligent and committed staff for the variety of events hosted at the Ballroom every day.
"Dan is extremely passionate about providing the best food experience possible. When I booked my wedding here, I had no idea that even the tasting would blow me away."
"Wow! This hidden gem in South Philly is great! Excellent service, delicious food, cold beverages, and a parking lot! What else do you need?"
-Eleanor, Domizio Wedding Attendee
Executive Chef Dan Brodeur brings more than 25 years of culinary expertise to the IATSE Ballroom. Keeping true to the classic Italian recipes of Anthony's Caterers, Dan ensures every affair is consistently visually stunning with incredibly delicious freshly prepared cuisine. From cocktail hour affairs, to sit down or station style wedding receptions, Dan let's his food speak for us all...
Dan really, REALLY cares.
A little Brodeur history:
- Owner-Operator and Executive Chef at the Award-Winning Brodeur’s on State Street in Media, PA which received the Best New Restaurant Award and the Best Alfresco Dining Awards by Mainline Magazine
- Brodeur Family Owned and Operated Brodeur’s Country House Inn in Middletown Township as well as the Burmont Inn (Drexel Hill) and the Providence Restaurant and Bar (Secane)
- Received the Best of Philly Award by the Philadelphia Magazine for his Sunday Brunch
- Received the Best of Mainline Award 16 years in a row for Food and Service
- Recipient of the Restauranteur of the Year Award by the PA Restaurant Association
- Named Small Business Person of the Year by the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce
Built in 2010, the IATSE Ballroom's bright marquee entrance sets the stage for a 400 person capacity ultra modern ballroom with 22 feet high ceilings and top notch theatrical lighting. The building was built by the local 8 Stagehands union, who are the skilled labor for the entertainment industry. A venue built by stagehands, run by a producer and well seasoned chef-restaurateur, has proven to be a strong recipe for success.